We help you be the best – we know our network of foster carers deliver the highest standards of care because we have worked with them to make sure they are the best they can be.
We offer our carers:
- comprehensive training packages local to where you live, before you care for young people and afterward
- local support groups across our four different geographical areas
- peer support from experienced foster carers who can support you in your new role
- support from your own dedicated supervising social worker
- a year-round programme of activities
- a dedicated children’s Promoting Stability Team offering therapeutic support and guidance seven days a week, including unsocial hours
- paid membership of professional organisations such as FosterTalk
Some of these support offers are explained in a bit more detail in our summary of how we support our carers.
We will continue to help you deliver the highest standards of care by providing professional support and training.